Search This Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2017

HEAVY

 
This week something really odd happened for me.  I heard a tune that I really liked but I didn't know the words.  When I heard the tune I thought maybe I could do some kind of spoken word performance to it.  It just had a nice rhythm and feel.  But, because I could tell it was a hip-hop kind of sound, I figured I'd better check out the source before I tried to do anything with it.  I mean, it wouldn't be good as a pastor to promote some kind of profanity laced rant right?

Well, I checked it out. and my fears were justified.  I found out it is a new song by Linkin Park featuring Kiiara.  It isn't a good song.  So I almost walked away from the idea.  But I felt it weighing on my spirit that somebody somewhere needed to hear what I had to say...maybe someone that won't hear it any other way. 

So I decided to proceed.  My performance of "Heavy" is nothing like the original.  In fact, you might say it's the exact opposite.  So please listen and share it onward if you know someone who needs to hear it because that isn't gravity weighing it down. :-)