Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Moments of Eternity


Last week, I met Tyrone in a parking lot.  He was homeless.  He was looking to score a buck off an easy mark like me.  Well, I didn’t have much, but I promised I would give him what I had if he would let me pray for him.  He consented and there in the parking lot of Golden Corral I put my hand on his shoulder and lifted my voice to Heaven on behalf of Tyrone.  I gave him a few bucks and our ways parted.   
As I drove home though, I was burdened.  Can those brief moments really change eternity for Tyrone?  It doesn’t seem like enough!  Is that how Christ felt as He walked this earth? “These moments are not long enough; I can never touch them all!” I think He understands my emotion.  That is part of why he invested so much in His disciples so they would continue across the centuries to spread the love of God and power of the Gospel into the lives of men and women across the globe.
            I may never see Tyrone again, but, for a few moments light was splashed across his pathway and the love of Christ was shed abroad in his heart.  I don’t know what he will do with the money I gave him.  That is not my concern.  My only duty was to give and love and sow the seed.  Perhaps his eternity will be changed forever by a moment in the presence of Christ: a moment of eternity.