Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2016

CHERISHED

Listen as Pastor Rick shares with us a "valentine" from the Lord.


"Justice demanded a cross for our crimes.  Love demanded a Savior.  And so, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  This is the glorious message of the Gospel that I never want to escape!  I a wretched wicked sinner – with all the potential evil of history locked up in my heart just waiting to escape; I who wanted God less than I wanted my sins; I who was doomed for Hell and deserved it; I was whom He loved.  And because He loved me, He purposed that I would not go to Hell if He could help it.  And so, while I stood condemned, a cross was erected on Calvary from which dangled the lifeless body of God.  And the wrath of God was poured upon Himself instead of me. Justice was served.  Love was lived.  And the opportunity to be cherished was offered…to me. 

He sealed the transaction with His resurrection and with it offered an eternal marriage proposal to mankind.  Like the prophet Hosea of old, he called us from our whoring in sin to be cherished in His hands.  Rather than leave us to our justly deserved doom in the darkness he called us into the kingdom of light and promised to always be at our side in this life and the next.  He does not need us – but He WANTS us."